HABC Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness In Pakistan (Rawalpindi, Peshawar)
HABC Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness
This regulated qualification aimed at all staff, particularly new starters in any workplace, where a basic understanding of fire safety is required.Those gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace with recognition of the contribution they may have in preventing the start and spread of fires.
Course Content of HABC Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness:
1:Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of emergency
(1) State the main causes of fires in the workplace.
(2) Outline the main costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society.
(3) State their own duties and responsibilities in relation to fire safety at work.
(4) State the duties and responsibilities of fire wardens and other people who may be required to take action as part of fire risk controls or during an emergency.
(5) Describe the action to be taken in the event of a fire in the workplace, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting the emergency services.
2:Understand the principle of fire rsk control
(1) List the key elements for effective fire risk management in the workplace.
(2) Outline how the components of the fire triangle can be used to control fire risks.
(3) List active and passive fire risk control measures.
(4) Outline fire prevention measures that can be taken to minimise fire risks
3:Understand the basics of practical fire safety
(1) State the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire-fighting equipment.
(2) Outline simple checks for ensuring that fire safety equipment is serviceable and safe to use